Concord Town Hall and Lansdowne House
This recently discovered photograph shows the second Concord Town Hall, established in 1887. It stood on the corner of Wharf Road (now Burwood Road) and Burton Street. Extended numerous times, it was replaced by a new council chambers on the corner of Flavelle and Wellbank Streets which opened on 9 June 1962. This site is now occupied by a service station.
In the background is Lansdowne House, formerly Ardnaree, built for Emmanuel Neich in about 1853. Neich was the founder of the Bath Arms hotel which stands nearby in Parramatta Road.