Our daily bread
Golden Crust Bakery which operated in the first half of last century was quite literally a family business. It was operated by Walter and Mary Johnson at the rear of their home on Parkview Road, Russell Lea. The Johnsons had six boys and three girls to help with baking and delivering the bread.
A wonderful series of photographs show the change in transport methods from horse drawn to motor vehicles.
One of their competitors would have been E. S. Percival Limited of Concord which was established by James Tinch in 1883 and passed through various hands before being purchased by Percival in 1917.
Posted on June 19, 2014, in Concord, Russell Lea and tagged Bakeries, Canada bay Connections, City of Canada Bay, Concord, E. S. Percival Limited, Golden Crust Bakery, Russell Lea. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.