The Federation Pavilion in Cabarita Park provides a special link with the beginning of the Commonwealth of Australia.
The pavilion was built as the focal point for the Inauguration of the Commonwealth of Australia in Centennial Park, Sydney on 1 January 1901.
The original pavilion in Centennial Park stood 14 metres high on a slab of polished granite and was covered with ornate details rendered in fibrous plaster. After the ceremony, the plaster was removed and the wooden structure began to fall into disrepair. In 1903 the remains of the structure were purchased by Concord Council for £60 and moved to Cabarita Park. The granite platform was embedded into the ground at Centennial Park in 1904 to mark the exact location of the Inauguration ceremony.
Over the years the Federation Pavilion at Cabarita has been the focal point of many community and private functions. In December 1935, it was the venue for the formation of the Concord 12 Foot Flying Squadron, later renamed the Abbotsford 12 Foot Flying Squadron. More recently it has become popular as a venue for weddings.